Wednesday, April 3, 2013

Monkey Bidness


 Well maybe we should start with Baboon Bidness, we'll get to the moneys later.  On our trip north to Kasane, we saw lots and lots of baboons (Gray footed Chacma).  They crossed the road, they stood their ground at Vic Falls.  They lived in town at Vic Falls anywhere there was a bit of quiet open space.

I tried to get a picture, but where trucks were lined up to cross the border from Zambia into Zimbabwe, baboons would run out, open a small space in the tarp covering loads of corn, and steal as much as they could.  There was a young man with a sling shot trying to discourage them from their thievery, without much impact.

 Humans seen to have a special interest in baboons/monkeys.  I guess we feel a certain kinship.  We see ourselves in some of their foolishness and antics.
 Here's a Vervet from Gabes.  You can see the family resemblance.

No, not the resemblance with me, but with their baboon cousins.

Some folks think we evolved from monkeys.  I am not sure if we evolved, or devolved.

To be honest, I don't think we evolved or devolved.  I think we are the product of special creation.  One of my favorite verses tells us,

"For you created my inmost being;
    you knit me together in my mother’s womb. 
 I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made;     
your works are wonderful,
    I know that full well."  Ps 139:13-14

No comments:

Post a Comment