Tuesday, April 9, 2013

Who Gnu?

On a recent visit to mid-section of Botswana, we were able to see a lot of Gnu things, and by Gnu, I mean wildebeest.

These are unusual animals, known by locals as the clowns of the African plains.  I think they are handsome in their own way.



In contrast to the duiker in an earlier post, the wildebeest seems quite relaxed.  They travel alone and in herds.  They are probably the most common animal to see lying down, relaxed, chewing their cud.

They seem pretty content with the world.  Maybe that is partly due to the lack of predators in Khama Rhino Reserve, or maybe it's just their nature.  Maybe they are just chill.

I'd like to be more like the gnu.  I'd like to be a little less intense.  But G^d made me a tad intense, and that has its advantages.

And, ultimately that's what we all need to do, not be more relaxed, but more CONTENT with the way G^D made us.  It's hard for me to grasp, but G^d made us all different, He made us unique, and he gave us the personalities He wanted.  Not that He doesn't want us to continually grow and develop in Him, but rather HE made us, just as He chose.

L^rd give me a grateful heart and contentment in what You have made.  Let me to be a good steward of what you have given me.  Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment