Saturday, April 20, 2013

It Really is Who You Know



I remember our days in the USN Squadron in Patuxent River, MD.  Several of my Navy buddies were surprised at the number and breadth of friends we had.  We live in the community, and worshiped there, and consequently knew a lot more local folks than my colleagues who lived on base.

The same was even a bit more dramatic in Sweden.  After a month there, I felt Brenda and I knew more Swedes than most of my colleagues who had lived there more than a year.  This is, of course, speculation, because I had no easy way of measuring how many folks my colleagues knew.

Because of our involvement with the EFS Swedish church there, we knew folks from many different backgrounds in several different professions.  Not surprisingly, the same thing seems to be happening here in Gabs.

It is a nice situation.  People are interesting. People are helpful.  People are fun.  Thank you L^rd for people.




But being part of the Body of the Christ, is even better.  As soon as we meet a fellow Believer, we have a lot in common.  We share a faith, a Savior, a common set of beliefs and principles and aspirations.  Friendships can move forward much more quickly among Believers.

We ought to be friends, we share so much:
  • We are all sinners.
  • G^d died for us all.
  • Living the Christian Life is a challenge.
  • We will live together forever.

  As we mentioned not many blogs ago, "This is a faithful saying, and worthy of all acceptation, that Christ Jesus came into the world to save sinners; of whom I am chief."  I Tim 1:15.

No comments:

Post a Comment