Tuesday, April 16, 2013

We Put the Bot in Botanical Gardens

One great deal nearby is the Gaborone Botanical garden, within a mile or so of our apartment.  It is a very nice place.  The grounds aren't too big, but it has a little museum, and of course lots and lots of plants and trees.  We saw a francolin (spurfowl-- a bird like a dark-colored grouse) and heard it calling.  We saw some nice, new, interesting plants.

 We

We loved seeing these big trees that seem to grow out of the huge rocks.  It amazing to me, that these trees can wind around the rocks and make a living.

I hate to keep bringing this up, but I am amazed at the tremedous variety that G^d put into the world.  Too me this is a LOT of work.  I would have made like  a ahlf-dozen trees then quit.  I'd have made a half-dozen antelope, one mongoose, a few different birds.

BUT, one of the key realizations we ought to make is that G^d is NOT like us.  G^d isn't just a little smarter, a little more powerful, a little more creative.  G^d and me, have little in common.  Were it not for being made in His image, and were it not for Jesus, I'd have NOTHING in common with G^d.

G^d is wholly different from us.  I used to think I could understand G^d.  I am happy to say, I have figured out this is NOT going to happen.  

And that's good to know.

No comments:

Post a Comment