Friday, April 5, 2013

The Minature Antelope

On several occasions in Khama Rhino we were able to see a tiny little antelope called a duiker.  Fully grown they are the size of a whippet dog, with little straight horns.  These are colored brown very similar to impala, BUT, they are tiny.

They are cute, and probably make an appetizer for a leopard or a lion, which might explain why they seem so nervous.
I have sympathy for them.  It must be tough to be the smallest meal on the dinner menu of every predator including jackals.  It must make them a bit insecure.

I feel a lot like a duiker.  I have to remind myslef,  "The L^rd is my shepherd."  I remind myself, "...to be absent from the body, is to be present with the L^rd."

I wonder what my lost friends think about death?  How do they deal with what they believe to be the beginning of nothing?

I have to remind myself, now if I could just remember it all the time.


No comments:

Post a Comment