Friday, April 26, 2013

The 4-5 Batswana Musketeers

In our little apartment complex of about 25 flats, there is a group of 3 to 5 little boys who play and play and play.  Often they are noisy, but if its daylight, they are usually hard at it.  I have no idea who their parents are and have never seen any parental supervision or even interest.

The boys are totally unfazed by this, and play away.  They have a broken down plastic ride toy, and dirt, rocks and sticks.  They have one pair of crocs which are left in various places around the parking area.





Sometimes there are 3, sometimes 5, of them.  I'm guessing they are 4-5 years old.

They remind me a bit of those lilies in the Sermon on the Mount.  They neither sow nor reap, yet they don't seem to be lacking in any way.

These fellows seem care-free and yet are dependent on their parents for everything.  They don't appear to worry, don't seem concerned about clothes or cars or anything.

Wow! How I look up to those kids!  I have a Heavenly Father who has promised never to leave me or forsake me, who promised to provide, who has already, before the foundation of the world, died for my sins.

Dear L^rd, let me be more like those 4-5 Musketeers.  Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment