Sunday, March 10, 2013

Another day... Another Year

My dad used to have a saying on special occasions, "Just like any other day" he would say, tongue in cheek.  It irritated my mom a bit, which was additional incentive, I guess.

Well, today is my birthday anniversary, and it's just like the 23,010 days preceding it.  But these dates do mark something important.  Time marches on.  Tempus fugit.

I occasionally give a talk on time management.  I tell the audience, "time is the great equalizer."  No matter how rich, or how poor, we all get 24 hours each day.  Doubtlessly, Bill Gates can afford to hire people to take care of some mundane tasks that us normal people have to do, but in the end, he still only gets 24 hours.

This calls for the question (doesn't beg the question- a logic fallacy), how will we spend our hours allotted?

I chafe a bit, because I spend a lot of time thinking about work, working, and thinking about what needs to be changed.  I think my time could be better spent contemplating Scripture, G^d, His glory.

Well, at 63, it's not too late to re-align my thinking.





 ( In R.S.A. NW of Johannesburg.)

"This book of the law shall not depart from your mouth, but you shall meditate on it day and night, so that you may be careful to do according to all that is written in it; for then you will make your way prosperous, and then you will have success."  Josh 1:8



3 comments:

  1. Have a wonderful birthday! Wish we could be there to celebrate with you and have a fun game of books and runs. By the way, this morning it is -18 here, blue skies and sunny. Beautiful!
    Birthday hugs from Östersund

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Louise, It was +35 here yesterday and expected to be +37 tomorrow!
      Yeah wish we could all get together for a chat and some cards.
      Give our best to all.

      Blessings,

      Delete
  2. Happy Birthday. I love that picture.

    ReplyDelete