Monday, March 25, 2013

Dumb Holy Week Ideas

I can speak with authority on dumb ideas, because in 63 years, I have had more than my fair share of them.

It strikes me that the first dumb thing of Holy Week was when the chief priests and elders conspired to Kill the King of the Universe.  Dumb idea.

Then Judas tries to force Jesus' hand.  Dumb too.

Then in Jesus' most diffiuclt hour, the 3 key disciples fall asleep when they should have been pryaing.  That was dumb.

Pilate blew off his wife's advice,  "to have nothing to do with that righteous man."  Dumb.

Then the denials of Peter, the "Rock" were obviously not smart.  Dumb, I say.

Then the women go to the tomb to anoint the body that He told them wouldn't be there.  Dumb.

Then we have a dumb Emmaus Road incident.  Double Dumb.

But, though they are dumb, I don't fare much better.  I have the whole testimony recorded in detail, and yet I dumb things up far too often.

Thanks be to G^d that His grace, His Blood, is poured out for us sinners, of whom I am chief!

No comments:

Post a Comment