Tuesday, March 19, 2013

Picture This!

In Sweden, a lot of Swedes looked at me like I was crazy.  I took pictures of:

  • "Sand" (light gravel spread on snow)
  • Piles of doggy poop
  • Snow
  • Snow on things
  • Statues
  • People, kids (w permission)
  • Me brushing my teeth in prominent places
  • Dogs.

I have gotten some of the same looks as I photograph:
  • Trees
  • Bushes
  • People standing in line (one guy was reluctant about giving permission)
  • Food
  • People working
  • Bread slicer.





I typically ask permission when there are people involved.  In Sweden, I was only turned down a couple of times.  Yesterday I asked to take a picture of some dried mopani worms which are a popular snack food here.  One lady said "no", adamantly; another said 10 pula to take a picture.

I'll wait for a more willing subject.

Yesterday, Brenda and I were outside the UB soccer stadium and were snapping a picture of the big statue of the Cape Buffalo, the team mascot.  Two young guys of about 10 and 8 ran up and wanted to be included in the photo.  Here they are:

Photos are neat because they let us share experiences.  Sharing, especially with dear friends, is a great joy.

Thanks for sharing, and thanks for being a friend.

"A man of too many friends comes to ruin, But there is a friend who sticks closer than a brother."       Prov 18:24

No comments:

Post a Comment