Wednesday, March 13, 2013

Happy Birthday to Me

My dear sweet wife made me a birthday dinner (lunch).  It was terrific:

  • Fried okra (popular veg here)
  • T-bone steak (very low-priced here)
  • Tossed salad (pretty pricey)
  • Corn on the cob (maize here, very sweet)
  • Carrot and pineapple salad ( a new one to us)
  • Cupcakes (very popular here).

She has always had a servant's heart and loves to do things for people, and I have been the biggest beneficiary of that.

As much as I enjoyed that lunch, I have to admit, I am not a foody. Robert Griffith and I see it the same way.  We like to eat, we get hungry, we just don't get a big thrill out of food.  Food fills our stomach.  It gives us energy.  We want to feel full.

I am just not particular about what fills me, as long as it isn't too crazy. 

Here steak and kidney combo is very popular.  The last kidney I ate was raw elk kidney, and though it wasn't bad at all, I don't seek it out.  Here mophaneworms are very popular.   Thanks, I'm fine.

1 Corinth 6:13 says, "Food is for the stomach and the stomach is for food, but God will do away with both of them. Yet the body is not for immorality, but for the Lord, and the Lord is for the body."

Our body, if we think correctly, is for the L^rd.  We ought not worship our body, but we ought to care for it.  We ought not devote too much time to it, but we ought to remember that it is,"... a temple of the Holy Spirit who is in you, whom you have from God, and that you are not your own?" (1 Corinth 6:19).  That later point is key, we are NOT our own.  We are servants, we have been bought with a price.


Happy birthday to us all.  Have a Blessed day!

1 comment:

  1. I wish I was like you. But I love food. I savor the texture, the taste, the feeling of contentment when I've had "just enough". I loved to cook it before I got hurt, and the pleasure of serving it and watching people's eyes light up at the sight of it....
    And I believe we will enjoy wonderful food in Heaven...we will feast at the table and be served by our Lord!
    What a wonderful day that will be.

    ReplyDelete