Sunday, March 17, 2013

Anyone have any Questions?



I began class today in my  usual manner.  “Does anyone have any questions about anything we have covered?”
A girl in the class of about 100 students shyly raises her hand.  “What’s a t-test good for?”  Although I have explained it at least three times before, I assure her I’ll do it again in just a minute.

Another girl a row back raises her hand.  “Yes, what is your question?”
“Could you repeat the last lesson?” she asks without timidity.  She is asking me to repeat a 2-hour class in a one-hour time slot.  Furthermore, the majority of these students heard that lecture on Monday.

“Were you in class Monday?”  I ask.  “No”, she says.
I give a very unusual answer.  “No!”  I rarely turn down student requests, but I make an exception this time.



I don’t fault her.  I guess it was worth asking.  Class attendance is not very good.  Every student is on scholarship, as I mentioned in an earlier post.  Students get a monthly allowance, just for being enrolled.

“Jesus, Holy Spirit, G^d, will you repeat for the 1000th time the same lesson you taught just yesterday?”

G^d is infinitely more patient than I am, but I suspect at times, G^d too says, “No!”  I’m not sure of this, I just know that Jesus never seemed to force people to believe, or trust, or obey.

Then the LORD said, "My Spirit shall not strive with man forever, because he also is flesh; nevertheless his days shall be one hundred and twenty years." Gen 6:3

I'd say 120 years is pretty patient!

No comments:

Post a Comment