Thursday, March 28, 2013

Fun with Kidney Stones

Ever had a kidney stone?

I woke at 2:03 AM with a stabbing pain high in my right back.  Unfortunately I knew what it was, because I have been here twice before.

Renal Calculi (official name) form in the kidney sinus and as long as they stay there, they aren't much of a problem.  BUT, when they begin to head south, they can be a big problem.

I awoke again at 3, again at 4, again at 5.  I was amazed I got to sleep in between.

I walked a few miles pacing around our 858 square feet.  Brenda did her best to comfort me, but there isn't much to be done.  I took some analgesics, but didn't get much relief.

As I was writhing in pain, I thought of the suffering of the Christ during the Passion on good Thursday.  I was hurting in one spot, the Christ was beaten, kept up all night (I can relate to that part), had nails driven into his wrists and ankles, and hung on a cross.  There were no analgesics.

He succumbed to orthostatic intolerance voluntarily.  He was NOT killed, he gave up his life, willingly, and for us sinners.  John 19:30 clearly says that he GAVE up his spirit.  Recall He could have summoned angels, conquered Jerusalem, come down from the cross and destroyed any and all.

If I had a way out of my pain, I would have taken it.  Yet the Christ endured.

If we comprehend exactly WHAT the Christ did, our hearts will be filled with gratitude, even in the midst of pain.

Thank you G^d for your grace and mercy delivered many ways, but most substantially in the Christ.


3 comments:

  1. Sorry to hear about your kidney stone. I hope it passes quickly and you are pain free very soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hate kidney stones. I've had 3. That's 3 too many.
    Although, I will say, the Proper name sounds more like an Italian dish.....

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ouch, so sorry to hear about your stone(s). Has it/they passed?

    ReplyDelete