Monday, March 4, 2013

Pictionary Recast.



A very nice family here in Gaborone, were the first to invite me into their home.  It was the first Sunday I was in country.  That same day, our first of meeting, they offered me complete use of one of their two autos.  Now that is generous!   I was too unsteady to accept their offer.  I had no confidence I could keep the auto on the right (i.e. the left) side of the road.  Likewise, I had no idea even how to navigate back to the hotel.

In retaliation, I suggested that when Brenda arrived, we would be happy to sit with their four children whilst they had a night out.  The family beamed, so I knew I had found a need.   

Friday night, we arrived just after a major rain storm, and started a game of Candyland.  After “pasgetti” supper, the next game was “Pictionary”.  We had two teams, with 3 players each.    Each team matched a player with one on the other team.Naturally I was matched against the 2-year old on the opposing team, and it worked great.    The pairs looked at the 4 words on the Pictionary cards, picked one, then simultaneously each team member drew an illustration of the word.   It was a riot, and the evening passed too quickly.






I was very impressed with the 2-year old, Caroline.  I let her pick the word she wanted, and often she gave a reason for her choice.  She chose that we draw children, because we are children.  She wanted us to draw rain, because of the just-end rain storm.

A good time was had by all, but most importantly, I am reminded, “Unless you become as little children, you shall in no way inherit the kingdom of heaven.” (Matt 18:3)    Now that’s worth a little meditation.

No comments:

Post a Comment